Monday, April 26, 2010

Walkabout Weekend Winner 2

.

I love several styles of architecture but one calls out to me more than the rest.....the

American Crafstman! A style that encourages originality, simplicity of form, local natural materials, and the visibility of handicraft. I always pass this one (slowly I might add) every time I go walkabout. I've been wanting to wait until the restoration work was done on it to feature it but I love it so much I couldn't wait.




It's a 1915 Craftsman. Renovated in 1970. It's undergoing an exterior renovation at the moment on the right side of the house. It's a 4 Bedroom 1.5 bath, 2,877 Sq. Ft. and according to Zillow.com, it's valued around 424k.



From here, you can obviously see all the scaffolding for the restoration.
I love the swoop on all the fascias and the their fence is beautiful. It was an overcast day so these pics do not do this house justice. And as far as I can tell, I only ever see
one man
working on it.


*
*
*
*
*
I love what they did with the porch ceiling; a nice glossy stain and simple craftsman Mission style lighting the length of the porch. I'd like to do this to our porch someday.
*
*
*
It was last sold in 1980 for $80,000!

















This is a view of the left side of the house. Looks like a small drive way but the fence actually opens up for access to the garage in the back. They have a nice mudroom and it looks like they have several solar panels on the roof (my kind of people).



And here is a shot of the house from the back. As you can see, those beautiful
dormers extend to the back too! I bet there is plenty of space on that second floor. I love how they connected the fascias on those dormers too. Just beautiful craftsmanship!

3 comments:

  1. Wow this is such a beautiful home. What city is this located in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! I LOVE the porch ceiling. Oh, and thanks for the email. It was very welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We live in North Tacoma area.

    You're quite welcome Lindsay, and Thank you for following this blog. It makes us happy!

    ReplyDelete